His Excellency the Governor Augustus J. U. Jaspert chaired the meetings held on Wednesday, 21st November, 2018 at the Premier’s Office Conference Room in the Central Administration Building.
All Members were present at the meeting with the exception of the Deputy Premier and Minister for Natural Resources and Labour Dr. the Honourable Kedrick Pickering, who was absent on private business.
1. Decided, in principle, that the Government of the Virgin Islands shall finalize negotiations for the purpose of entering into a Development Agreement, which will include a termination clause and performance bond negotiated with the Developer, as a condition precedent to the granting of the lease with Blunder Bay Development Corporation Limited for the building of a luxury branded, five star, resort at Blunder Bay, North Sound, Virgin Gorda.
2. Decided that the Hotel Aid Licence for Elizabeth (Lambert) Beach Resort Ltd. be amended to include an additional list of items for importation in accordance with the Hotel Aid Ordinance (Cap 290).
3. Considered the Country Strategy Paper developed by the Caribbean Development Bank and agreed, in principle, to the proposed strategy and its contributions to the Territory’s outcomes as outlined, and noted that it does not bind the Government of the Virgin Islands.
4. Approved the appointment of Ms. Shelly Bend and the reappointment of Dr. Katherine Smith, for three (3) years and one (1) year, respectively, to the second Board of Trustees of The Virgin Islands Climate Change Trust Fund in accordance with Section 12 of The Virgin Islands Climate Change Trust Fund Act, 2015 (“the Act”).
5. Approved the two-year appointment of Ms. Tamara Maduro and Mr. Greg Levons as members of the National Parks Trust in accordance with Section 5 and Schedule 1 of the National Parks Trust Act, 2006 and the re-appointments of Ms. Ayana Hull (Chairman) for two (2) years; Mr. Louis Potter (Vice Chairman), three (3) years; Mr. Randy Keil (Member) (2) years, and Mr. John Shirley (Member) two (2) years.
6. Noted a report on the Tenth Ministerial Forum for Development in Latin America and the Caribbean and the Second Meeting of the Regional Conference on Social Development in Latin America and the Caribbean held 12th – 13th September, 2018 in Panama City, Republic of Panama.
7. Approved a number of Non-Belonger Land Holding Licence applications.
Published by the Cabinet Office on 29th November, 2018