During the first seven months of 2017 Harneys has sought to positively impact the BVI community through its ongoing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives, contributing over $20,000 to 17 community groups including:
- Help for Children to prevent and treat child abuse. The internationally recognised charity positively impacts over 87,000 lives around the world annually and is establishing a programme in the BVI.
- The Tortola Pier Park Jazz Festival to promote the appreciation of jazz and the arts in addition to supporting local talent.
- BVI Little League Baseball to provide equipment such as gloves, bats, helmets and uniforms for a youth baseball team.
- PAW BVI to support its mission to reduce the overpopulation and abuse of stray animals. The funding allowed for the testing of common diseases, spaying, neutering and vaccinating of stray cats and dogs.
- Virgin Islands Search and Rescue (VISAR) to support its annual Swim and SUP the Sound fundraiser. VISAR is a non-profit organisation made up of volunteers who dedicate themselves to responding to marine emergencies and saving lives at sea.
- Sensus Health Club’s annual Breast Cancer “Colour Me Run/Walk” to raise money to provide free mammograms to women in the BVI. Harneys staff also participated in the run/walk.
- The BVI Olympic Committee to support the 2018 Queen’s Baton Relay on its journey through the British Virgin Islands.
In addition to these and other sponsorships and donations throughout the community, Harneys has continued to strengthen its longstanding partnership with its adopted school, Francis Lettsome Primary School (FLPS). During the first half of 2017 Harneys supported initiatives at FLPS including a Saturday reading programme, the second annual Science Fair; and the Science Saturdays enrichment programme. Science Saturdays, a partnership started in 2016 among Harneys, FLPS, and Cedar International School, provides FLPS students with the opportunity to explore the world of science, technology and mathematics.
Chief Operating Officer Felice Swapp, who is a member of the CSR Committee, said: “At Harneys we recognise our responsibility as a leader within the community. We are pleased to support initiatives that foster education, youth empowerment, appreciation for the arts, and the overall development of the BVI.”
Harneys is committed to the growth and development of the BVI community through CSR initiatives that focus on educational enhancement, promoting arts and culture and protecting the environment.
- Harneys named Best Offshore Law Firm - Client Service by HFMWeek
- Black Swan: “stand-alone” injunctions in support of foreign proceedings
- Confidentiality in the BVI: What records are available?
- BVI investment funds community getting to grips with CRS
- Harneys Offshore Funds Blog Sheds New Light on Funds Industry